Information We Collect
Personal Information You Disclose to Us
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself.
During your visit and use of our Website and services, we collect certain data that you provide to us when you fill out opt-in forms, contact forms, and surveys, when you purchase products and/or services, and when you enter your information for giveaways and/or competitions.
The personal information that you provide to us can be your name, email address, and location. Moreover, if you are purchasing products, then you are also providing us with payment and address information. (However, your payment information is not stored in our system because purchases are processed through payment processors.) Therefore, should you have any questions about payment activities and/or information, contact the specific payment processor directly.
Outside of the European Union (“EU”)
If you are outside of the EU and enter your information to receive a freebie, make a purchase, respond to a survey, register for free training, or participate in a webinar, then we will automatically enroll you to receive our newsletter and updates.
If you do not wish to receive any communications from us, you can opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the emails.
In the European Union (EU)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new EU regulation aimed at helping to strengthen data protection for EU citizens and residents both within the EU and the wider world and will be effective May 25th, 2018.
If you are in the EU and opt to receive a freebie or participate in free training, register for a webinar or live event, or purchase a product, your email address will not be added to the email list to receive our newsletter and updates unless you affirmatively consent to it.
If you change your mind at any point and do not want to receive electronic communication, simply unsubscribe.
If you have trouble unsubscribing by clicking the link at the bottom of the email, simply email us at [email protected]. com and request to be unsubscribed from future emails.
Information Collected Through Third-Party Sources
During the time you visit and use our Site, certain limited data are collected from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and analytics sources.
The types of data collected about you from other sources are your location, your computer system, which pages you have visited on our Site, how long you spend on each page, your IP address, your country, and possibly even your social media profiles and referrals.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How We Use Information Collected From You and Third-Party Sources
Information Collected from You
We use the information we collect from you to send you targeted marketing and promotional communications. If at any time you indicated an interest in a particular field related to our Site, then we and/or our third-party marketing partners may use this relevant information to send you additional communication regarding similar products/services.
If you do not want to receive any marketing and/or promotional communication, you can opt out at any time by UNSUBSCRIBING from either a particular list or topic or from all the emails coming from us by clicking on the unsubscribe button located at the bottom of every email you receive.
Your credit card or other payment method and billing information will only be used to pay for the products you have requested.
We only use payment services that have agreed not to share your financial information with us so we will never see or handle your financial information. This also applies to payment information stored at the site of the payment processors for the convenience of future purchases.
For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you do not send credit card numbers by standard email but use the secure facility provided via this website. We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
Adding a Blog Comment
Should you choose to add a comment to any posts or pages, you may leave your email address for the purpose of receiving comment replies. Any name or email address you enter will be saved to our site’s database along with your computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment.
This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section and is not passed on to any of the third-party data processors. Only your name will be shown on the public-facing website although if the supplied email address is linked to a Gravatar account, your Gravatar photo will also be displayed.
Your comment and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either:
- Remove the comment or
- Remove the blog post
Should you wish to have the comment and its associated personal data deleted, please email me using the email address that you commented with and we will remove the comment.
If you are under 16 years of age, you MUST obtain parental consent before posting a comment on our blog.
Information Collected from Third-Party Apps and Tools
When someone visits HomeMadeOurWay.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics. They gather anonymous standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns, for example, data on how people are using our site, and then provide us with visitor statistics, details of page views, etc.
This website is built on WordPress, a website content management system. This service may collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the website, for example, the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it.
WordPress requires visitors that want to post a comment, to enter a name and an email address. If you submit a comment on a blog post or page published on this website or if you submit a contact form, some personal information will be stored in this website’s database.
These are the only occasions where personal data will be stored on this website. For more information about WordPress processes, please see Automattic’s privacy notice.
When someone visits Home Made Our Way’s Etsy store, Etsy will gather information and details of visitor behavior patterns, for example, cart abandonment and product views, and then provide us with such information.
Information collected from these third-party tools and any others that we may use in the future is used only for statistical and analytical purposes and for evaluating and making improvements to our Site. If we add any third-party tools that collect this type of information, we will try to provide you with their name and their privacy policies.
This automatically-collected information will not include personal information data. Information such as demographics may be collected to:
- to personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- to provide technical support for our online products.
- to inform you of news, events, sales, and courses.
- to send you newsletters and information about products, services, promotions, and administrative messages relating to our business.
- to improve our website in order to better serve you.
- to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- to quickly process your transactions.
- to maintain our own tax accounts and records.
- to ask for ratings and reviews of services and products.
- to follow up with them after correspondence.
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement) on our site.
The Sharing of Your Information
We respect your privacy and the value of your information. We do not share, disclose, sell, lease, or rent your information to anyone or any third party without your express consent.
Only under limited circumstances will necessary information be shared with third parties. Here are the situations in which we will share your information:
- You gave us express consent to do so;
- You entered into a contract for recurring payments—for this reason, your information will be processed on an as-needed basis to uphold the agreement;
- Performance of a contract—if you are obligated to pay or perform an action, and you fail, we reserve the right to share necessary information with a third-party company, such as a collection agency or an attorney;
- Mandated by law—if legal proceedings are initiated, and there is a subpoena (unlikely, but better to be prepared than surprised).
Protecting Your Information
We will protect your personal information by implementing a variety of security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
We do our due diligence and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to make sure that the consumer data and private information we collect are safe and secure.
Here are the security practices we have in place to protect consumer data:
● All the systems containing consumer information (such as our email service provider) are password protected. The passwords are considered strong and are not easy to figure out. Only 1 person knows the password.
● Our computers are protected from third-party access by having an additional password layer before a user can start working on the computer.
● In addition to the statements above, we take reasonable precautions on a daily basis to protect consumer information from unauthorized use, modification, destruction, and disclosure.
They are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
- help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- understand and save users’ preferences for future visits.
- keep track of advertisements.
- compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Please look up your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. However, you will still be able to navigate all posts and pages on our site as well as place orders.
EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS & POLICIES
If you decide to contact us through email, we reserve the right to retain the content of your email messages, your email address, and our responses.
Your privacy is important to us. Therefore, your email address will never be shared, sold, or leased to any third-party members.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, any and all communications sent from our Company or Website will clearly state who the email is from, who the email is for, and how to contact the sender.
Furthermore, should you wish to not receive any more emails, you can click on the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email.
When you sign up for an email newsletter, we use a third-party provider, Convertkit.com, to deliver it. Convertkit gathers statistics around email openings and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our emails.
Your email address, name, and any other information you provide us with are held in strict confidence. Your information is only kept so that HomeMadeOurWay.com, whose email list you subscribed to, can email you. We do not sell or share your information with anyone else.
Don’t forget, if you have previously subscribed to our mailing list and want to unsubscribe, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or email me at [email protected]
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Privacy and Data
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We and this Website do not knowingly and intentionally collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or provide any information on this Website. Do not use any third parties that might have links present on this Website. Do not provide your name, address, phone number, or any payment information.
If a parent or guardian believes that this Website unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 in its database, please contact us at once at [email protected], and we will do our best to immediately remove any and all such information from our database.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA Policy)
California Consumer Privacy Act (hereafter, “CCPA”) is a California privacy law that is effective as of January 1, 2020. This notice was last updated and reviewed on February 23, 2023.
Information We Collect
We, through our website, collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, and references that are reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information“). Personal information does not include:
- publicly available information from government records
- deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- postal address
- Personal information listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e))
- credit card or debit card number
HomeMadeOurWay and HomeMadeOurWayshop obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- when you sign up for our newsletter and provide us with the above information
- when you sign up to obtain free access to our resource library and provide us with the above information
- when you purchase an item(s) from our shop
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a product price or have a question about a product, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- to fulfill an order.
- to process returns.
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- to reason why your personal information was collected when you provided it to us.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
If necessary to carry out a business purpose, we may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party. When we make these business-purpose disclosures we require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, HomeMadeOurWay.com has not disclosed personal information for business purposes.
We did not sell personal information to third parties, subject to your right to opt out of those sales. Our personal information sales do not include information about individuals we know are under the age of 16.
Reselling Personal Information
Under the CCPA, a third party is prohibited from reselling personal information unless you, as the individual about whom the personal information is, were given explicit notice and proper opportunity to opt out of further sales.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collections and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. This right under the CCPA is the Right to Know. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will disclose to you:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you
- the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request.)
Data Portability must be maintained, which is also a right under CCPA as amended. This means that the information that is provided as a result of data requests must be in a readily usable format.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request to see if any exceptions apply that would permit us to retain the collected information. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, full the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- to debug products to locate and fix errors that impair existing intended functionality and purpose.
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- comply with a legal obligation.
- make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or de-identify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
The Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information
Under CCPA, as amended by CPRA, you have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
Right to Limit the Use of Sensitive or Personal Information
Under CCPA, as amended by CPRA, consumers also have the right to limit the use of the collected sensitive or personal information on them to the particular purposes and categories that the business collected the information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising CCPA Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- deny you goods or services
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Required Notices at Collection
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- emailing us at [email protected]
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child (age 13 or younger) by emailing us at [email protected].
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- copy of a valid identification card such as a driver’s license
- copy of the payment card used if you purchased an item in our shop
- confirming an email address by supplying us with a series of (6) six numbers that we will email to you
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use the personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within (10) ten business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact us at [email protected].
If your identity and request were verifiable, then we will respond within forty-five (45) days of the receipt of the request. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made the decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 15 years old or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years old. Consumerss who opt-in to personal information sales may opt out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by emailing us at [email protected].
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back into personal information sales at any time by emailing us at [email protected].
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, about the way we collect information, and the type of information we collect, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].