Need help choosing homeschool curriculum and resources for your 5th grader? Below I list 14 different resources and curriculum that we will use for our 5th grade homeschool. Many of them come from reliable companies we have used in the past and others are new but sound promising.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links that I have provided for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
5th Grade Homeschool Resource for Math
This is our third year using Math-U-See and I love it. Click here if you would like to read how we schedule and use this curriculum in our homeschool.
5th Grade Homeschool Resource for Finances
Money 101 for Kids Lapbook Activity Pack
Although I added this to our 7th grade curriculum resources, it is appropriate to this grade level as well if you would like to add it to your curriculum. Click here to read more about the pack. Or Click over here to our shop and get your pack today.
5th Grade Homeschool Resource for Science
- For science, I use the science topics found on my state’s Department of Education website. I then head to my local library and check out books on those topics. However, I also like using Confessions of a Homeschooler’s Scientists & Inventors Unit Studies when studying a specific topic. For example, if we are studying about sound, then we will also read about Alexander Graham Bell. Click here for our science curriculum review.
5th Grade Homeschool Resources for World History and World Geography
- We will be using the Story of the World volume 2 by Susan Wise Bauer. This covers the Middle/Medieval Ages as well as geography of that time period. We have not used this curriculum before so stay tuned for a review in a future post. So far, I like the materials and activities it has provided. Click here for a review of our history curriculum.
- We will also use Homeschool in the Wood’s Record of Time. This is an awesome timeline addition to world history and it covers the years 5000 BC to the present so you can use it every year. The children love inserting historical figures and events into their “Record of Time”.
Click here to share our 14 awesome homeschool resources for 5th grade.Click To Tweet
5th Grade Homeschool Resources for U.S. Geography
- We will use NotebookingPages.com state study forms to research various facts such as the state motto and symbols. We will also use Confession of Homeschooler’s Road Trip USA curriculum along with Highlight’s Which Way, USA subscription.
5th Grade Homeschool Resources for Language Arts (grammar, spelling, poetry, and cursive)
- This year, I decided to try the Charlotte Mason (CM) way of teaching these topics. I purchased Spelling Wisdom Book 1 and Using Language Well Book 1 by Sonya Shafer of SimplyCharlotteMason.com. Click here for a review of this curriculum.
5th Grade Homeschool Resource for Classical Literature
- This year we will finish Confessions of a Homeschooler’s Classical Literature Unit, Volume 3.
5th Grade Homeschool Resources for Art
- We will use Confessions of a Homeschooler’s World’s Greatest Artists Unit, Volume 2 to cover art history and Feed My Sheep to teach the boys how to apply certain techniques to their art work.
5th Grade Homeschool Resource for Music
- For music, we will continue to use Confessions of a Homeschooler’s World’s Greatest Composer Unit Volume 2.
5th Grade Homeschool Resource for Spanish
- We will use Spanish Elementary by Carson-Dellosa workbook
So there you have it readers: 14 picks for our 5th grade homeschool curriculum. Make sure to check out the updated links for my reviews of these different resources throughout the year to see if they could be a good fit for your family.
If you have any questions, comments, or would like to share a homeschool resource that you love, enter them below in the comment section. I’d love to hear your ideas. Also, don’t forget to sign up below to receive my newsletter alerts. I am in the habit of making lots of freebies so don’t miss out!
Stay Up to Date
Become a member of Home Made Our Way and receive the latest posts, updates, news, and free stuff. Plus, all members get access to the library resource page full of free printables.